Using social media to promote the arts is key to creating opportunities. It can be as simple as taking seemingly small steps. Keep in mind that social media isn’t going to solve your problems overnight, but it will put you and your talent in front of people who may never hear about you otherwise. These are the people who can make the difference in your career and can propel it forward. Here are a few ideas on what you can do:
- Promote yourself using social media, to begin it’s free. Keep in mind talk is cheap and people are looking for results. The idea is to make people feel like they are living through you, to hook them. Let them share your passion and share it with others, let them feel that they want to return over and over and learn from you. You can open a Vine account to create short movies showing people what you do and how you do it. Pinterest can be used for showing your unique talent and on twitter follow conversations directly with the professionals that your looking to speak too.
- Take advantage of blogs. This free medium allows you to write about what you love and present yourself as the artist you want to become. Carry Grant once said “I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be, until finally I became that person. Or, he became me.” Don’t forget that you need to believe what an amazing artist you are and that you're capable of anything for others to believe it.
- Keep in mind that that content is more important than numbers. By continuing to post people will begin to comment and share your updates, growing your following. Everyone you know may not be your supporter but through sharing you're reaching out to others who can change your life.
Keep in mind that if you don’t change your life and begin doing something for yourself no one else will!
Feel free to reach out to Box of Rain to help your business. Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you communicating your brand clearly?
- Are you connecting with the right people?
- Is your social media marketing on track?