Maximizing Productivity, Creating a Balance in Your Day!
Running a business has so many levels that need to be managed simultaneously. As self-employed and small business owners we tend to spend too much time doing thing that don’t lead us to profitable results. Realizing that our time is valuable means focusing on being INSPIRED to pursue our passion and learning to manage our time.
Here are a few suggestions on how to organize your day to maximize your time to focus on what makes you money. Follow these steps to make the most of your day:
- Plan your day the night before. Begin your day with a purpose. A great tool is a journal to help plan your actions. The four plans for the day should include Work, Family/Relationships, Personal, and Health. Remind yourself of your WHY? What are you thankful for? What is your focus for the day? Include your daily tasks, and if need be break them down into smaller tasks. Don’t forget to include your appointments. Check out a few life planners that may work for your needs.
- Begin your morning accomplishing something big that will motivate you. If you have something important to do, get that accomplished first. It’s the best way to get yourself motivated. This way you can then focus on doing the things that you actually enjoying doing.
- Use an app to track your time. To help yourself become more productive, study your habits and learn how to manage your time better by tracking your time. Keep track of where you're spending your time and figure out what changes you may need to make with your work/habits.
- Block time in your calendar for breaks. Making breaks part of your routine can improve your productivity and keeps your mind organized and rested. It doesn’t need to take long: a 10 -20 minute power nap in the afternoon can make all the difference!
- Detach from unnecessary calls and emails. Keep in mind that constantly answering emails and calls can disrupt your work day. Consider scheduling specific times throughout your day to return calls and answer messages. You may consider doing this in the morning and afternoon.
Please feel free to let us know what works for you!